Describe how the programme/sub-discipline/discipline is administered, using separate sheets. The description should highlight the following.
- Personnel Administration
- ADMINSTRATIVE/ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE FACULTY
FACULTY BOARD DEAN
HOD HOD HOD HODHOD DEAN’S/
PHARMACEUTICS/ PHARMACEUTICAL CLINICAL PHARMACOG- PHARMA- FACULTY
PHARMACEUTICAL & MED. CHEMISRY PHARMACY & NOSY CEUTICAL OFFICE
TECHNOLOGY BIOPHARMACY MICROBIOLOGY
AS TS DAS AS TS DAS AS TS DAS AS TS D AS FO DFS
AS = Academic Staff
TS = Technical Staff
DAS = Departmental Administrative Staff
DFS = Dean’s/Faculty Staff
- How staff are involved in the decision making process and in General Administration
Staff are involved in the decision making process and in the general administration of the Faculty through the following processes:
- Committee system is used to take care of specific areas e.g. Examination, MCPE, NAAP, Induction Ceremony, Accreditation Committee, Finance Committee etc.
- Committee system assists the Heads of Department on Policy formulation for each department
- Coordinators are appointed for each course
- Examples of committees existing in the Faculty are Examination, Time-table, Disciplinary, Student Advisory Council, Ceremonial, Seminar, Fund Raising, Drug Research and Development committee, MCPE/MCPD, NAAP.
All these committees assist the Dean and Heads of Department to make sure that the Faculty/Departments are well run.
Policy and Practice on staff development
Members of staff are sponsored to attend Conferences/Seminars/Workshops within and outside the University. Staff are also sponsored for their Ph.DProgramme when they apply.
Members of staff are encouraged to finish up their Ph.Dprogrammes and write papers for publications. Members of staff are appraised each session according to the University’s set regulations. There is an established departmental, Faculty and University appraisal committees.